Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Half Dome this Thursday

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Half Dome this Thursday

Postby Slap67 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Everyone.

New here. Looking for solid advice. I have summited Half Dome twice before (cables up and down) Enjoyed both. With the permit system in place its easier to climb with the cables down. How much snow is currently on the sub dome? Is the Mist trail open? I am bring a harness to clip into the cable sections on the way up and down. Didnt know how much snow to expect on the way up the trails. Thank you very much for any info.
Slap67
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Half Dome Hiking