Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Run/Hike HD to arrive by SUNRISE: Any takers?!

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Run/Hike HD to arrive by SUNRISE: Any takers?!

Postby jvo972 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 am

Hello!

Looking for trail runners that would like to start at the trailhead around 230-3am to arrive at the top just before sunrise. Looking for either:
-anyone that would accompany me June 2nd
-anyone that has done the Mist Trail at night and has pointers
-information on any Yosemite Local running groups I might try to find some trail partners for the day

I have other running friends that have done this hike at night and reached the top in about 2.5 hours with a mix of running and hiking on the slippery/steep parts. If anyone is interested in what is sure to be an epic hike, let me know!

Thanks!
jvo972

Re: Run/Hike HD to arrive by SUNRISE: Any takers?!

Postby AlmostThere » Mon May 26, 2014 4:01 pm

You only get to take six people per permit. You forgot to mention permits.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Run/Hike HD to arrive by SUNRISE: Any takers?!

Postby jvo972 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:41 am

I will be entering the daily lottery two days before, most likely just for myself unless I get interest from others before then. So ideally I'd like to know commitments by Friday.
jvo972

Return to Half Dome Hiking