Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Half Dome Day Permit with Wilderness Permit

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Half Dome Day Permit with Wilderness Permit

Postby Kkwa » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi,
I keep reading on these forums that I am not able to combine a wilderness permit with a Half Dome day permit. However, the NPS website seems to indicate that as long as I adhere to the dates of the permits it is allowed? :roll:

I have a day hike permit for HD (Tues Sept 13) and was unable to reserve a wilderness permit for Tenaya Lake as I had hoped. I'll be arriving in Yosemite on the Saturday hoping to snag a First Come First Served permit a couple days before the anticipated start date (Mon Sept 12). I just want to make sure I'm understanding the permit requirements correctly.

From NPS website:
Other Details

Half Dome permits associated with wilderness permits are not valid for day hiking to Half Dome. If you have a wilderness permit and were unable to get Half Dome permits for your trip, you may compete in the Half Dome permit lotteries. However, Half Dome permits received by lottery are only valid on the date specified on the Half Dome permit. If you have a wilderness permit but were unable to get Half Dome permits, you may also try for a first-come, first-served Half Dome permit, as described above. If you have a Half Dome permit, you may attempt to get a wilderness permit to coincide with your Half Dome permit (but you won't receive any preference in obtaining a wilderness permit)
Kkwa
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Half Dome Day Permit with Wilderness Permit

Postby dan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:01 pm

You request a Half Dome Permit when you request a Wilderness Permit.
See this link for more information:

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/ ... ermits.htm
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Half Dome Hiking