Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Video of summiting Half Dome

Discussion about hiking to the top of Half Dome, planning the trip, and when the Half Dome cables are installed in Spring or removed in Fall.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Video of summiting Half Dome

Postby paulhiker » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Hello all,

We had the great opportunity to summit Half Dome in June of last year. I'm not afraid of heights at all, but the cables made me nervous. Mostly because my gloves had no traction. We made it to the top, and it was worth it for sure!

I hope you enjoy the video of our adventure to the top and the photos that we captured in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1_t1sS2jQ

A few more details about our trip to Yosemite and summiting Half Dome
- June 2016
- We spent 5 days in the backcountry starting in Vogelsang and exiting in the Valley
- We summited Half Dome on day 4 after camping about a half mile away (this made the climb much easier than those that had to come up the mist trail before reaching Half Dome the same day)

Let me know if you have any questions about our experience.

Thanks,

Paul
paulhiker

Return to Half Dome Hiking