Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

True Yosemite Bear Stories - Words of Warning

Discussion about Yosemite black bears, protecting food, automobiles from bears, and preserving and managing Yosemite bears.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

True Yosemite Bear Stories - Words of Warning

Postby mariposite » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:22 pm

There are some great bear stores I have heard from locals. My story is that while hanging out late at night in my van with my four kids, not camping Mr. Ranger, we were parked across from the restrooms at Glacier Point. We were awakened by a crashing sound from the womens bathroom. We all saw three bears enter through the door someone left propped open. They were going though the trash. Just as they were all inside and getting quiet, must have found a snack, a car pulled in and a woman jumped out and was speed walking to the bathroom. She obviously needed to go. She was almost to the door when we yelled for her to stay away. She then ran back to the car and drove off, perhaps to find a nice bush in a well lit area.
Keep it Local - Keep it Real
mariposite

Postby Heybooboo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Oh, so you're the one who scared her away. We were waiting for her to give her a big surprise! You humans, just no fun.

You owe me a pick-a-nick basket.

Thanks,
Yogi
Smarter than the average bear.
Heybooboo
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Bears