Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

an old chair i found

Discussion about Yosemite National Park history, including Native Americans, Euro-American pioneers and settlement, and establishment as a national park.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

an old chair i found

Postby racegirlrandi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 am

I found a rather old looking red wooden chair that has the YP&CCO. engraved in tthe side of one of the legs. this chair is odd in that it just slides and folds at the same time and appears to be made with no hardware just wooden grooves. Its got slates for the seat and back rest. it is aroused my curiosity so if anyone can enlighten me to just where and when did these chairs get used in the park? thank you much
racegirlrandi
First-timer
First-timer

Re: an old chair i found

Postby dan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:53 pm

racegirlrandi wrote:I found a rather old looking red wooden chair that has the YP&CCO. engraved in tthe side of one of the legs. this chair is odd in that it just slides and folds at the same time and appears to be made with no hardware just wooden grooves. Its got slates for the seat and back rest. it is aroused my curiosity so if anyone can enlighten me to just where and when did these chairs get used in the park? thank you much

The YP & C Co. is for Yosemite Park & Curry Co., of course. The precursor to DNC Yosemite, the concessionaire. I remember those chairs being used in Camp Curry. They were stained blood red and had slats for the seat and seat back. I can't remember what they were used for--the cafeteria, the cabins, lounge area, or ampitheatre. Or maybe all the areas.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby John Muir » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:34 pm

Is there any way on this site to post a picture of the chair?
John Muir
First-timer
First-timer

Postby dan » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:12 pm

Yes. Click on "upload attachment" when posting a message.

Dan
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Afetox » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:31 pm

8) Interesting...
Afetox
First-timer
First-timer

Return to Yosemite History