Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

7 day limit?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

7 day limit?

Postby ukvisitor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi all,
I will be visting the park in september for 2 weeks. I am thinking if staying at Curry Village or Housekeeping Camp but I am confused by this 7 day stay rule. Is it correct that you can only stay for 7 nights after which you must spend a night outside of the park before you can return and stay for a further 7 nights?

many thanks,

kenny
ukvisitor

Re: 7 day limit?

Postby dan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:05 pm

The 7 day limit only applies to a tent or recreation vehicle campground site, which are operated by the US National Park Service, and it's only from May 1 to Sept. 15. Website:
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

Curry Village and Housekeeping Camp and the hotels are ran by a private concessionaire (Yosemite Concession Services or YCS). The limit does not apply. It's a good idea to have a reservation though. Here's the YCS official website:
http://www.yosemitepark.com/
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ukvisitor » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 am

dan wrote:The 7 day limit only applies to a tent or recreation vehicle campground site, which are operated by the US National Park Service, and it's only from May 1 to Sept. 15. Website:

Curry Village and Housekeeping Camp and the hotels are ran by a private concessionaire (Yosemite Concession Services or YCS). The limit does not apply. It's a good idea to have a reservation though. Here's the YCS official website:/

thanks Dan,
I emailed the Yosemite Park reservation site and they replied saying:

We only allow our guest to stay in Yosemite National Park up to 7 days
at a time. If you are interested in staying longer then what you can do
is stay in the park for 7 days then one day outside the park then come
back and stay the remaining nights.

I was asking directly about Curry Village and Housekeeping Camp, is it possible they are confused?

cheers Kenny
ukvisitor

Postby dan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 pm

Interesting. I went to www.yosemitepark.com, the private park concessionaire website, and tried to make a reservation for 10 days. It automatically shortened it to 7 days.

What you could do is make two separate 7 day reservations at Curry Village or Housekeeping Camp. Then you only have to move once during your stay.

Officially, though it sounds like you should stay outside the park for a night, but they don't really check. Fewer people visit after the US Labor Day holiday (Sept. 1 this year) anyway, so it's not like the park is crowded then.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite