Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Park closure likely?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Park closure likely?

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:36 pm

Author: Jeff (---.ny-newyorkc0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: 05-08-05 06:45

I am planning to visit the park from June 5 (Sunday) through 8Th wednesday. Staying outside of the park. Should I be concerned about temporary park closures due to high volume?

Author: Dan Anderson (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: 05-08-05 08:34

No. The park was closed due to high volume in the mid-1990s on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Since the 1997 floods and 9-11, visitation has gone down, so it shouldn't be a problem.

If it will be a problem, it would only be the Saturday of Memorial Day or 4th of July weekend, due to day visitors coming up.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Can we get in?

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:38 pm

Author: Dick (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 04-30-01 05:49

We're bringing our grandkids to Yosemite in June. Staying at Pine Mountain, but of course want to go into the Park a couple of times that week. Are there special things we should know, or reservations we should make to get into the park? We've heard it's so full they won't let people in without reservations. We've been there 40 times as kids, but our grandkids have never been there.

If reservations or arrangements have to be made in advance, how do we do that? I'd appreciate your help. This is too important to take a chance on with a 12 and 10 year old. Thanks. dick

Re: Can we get in?
Author: Dan Anderson (---.drydog.com)
Date: 04-30-01 09:34

Yes you can get in.

The park entrances have only been closed a few times during holiday weekends because of overcrowding. That is, Memorial Day (late
May) and perhaps 4th of July in the late 1990s. Since the 1997 flood, there hasn't been as many visitors so the entrances have been
open.

The waterfalls and wildflowers should be good in June. Don't miss Glacier Point.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite