Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Planning the Family Trip

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Planning the Family Trip

Postby rnbeck52 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello,

I am planning the family trip to Yosemite in 2015. We are Gramma/Papa, four 30 somethings, a 5 year old and an 8 month old.

The family has requested: hiking, rafting, golf, fishing. Hiking will range from nature walks with the kids to longer, all day adventures. We will be sharing the child care responsibilities, with some staying at our lodging choice when the day's adventures aren't good for the kids.

We would like to find a large house (3BR and baths) that isn't too far from where we will be enjoying the park. My problem is figuring out the geography of the area. In order to be fairly close to the things we want to do, what community should I be looking in for lodging? I really don't want us to be driving an hour or so each day to get to the "fun" spots.

Or, should I figure out where our activity locations will be and then look for lodging?
Any suggestions on how to approach this?

Thanks.
rnbeck52

Re: Planning the Family Trip

Postby Grzldvt » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Do a search for Yosemite Vacation Rentals, you have several choices. We stayed at a very nice place in Mid Pines, but just this year visited a place called Lillaskog, that could really fit your bill. It is a really nice place.
Look into Yosemite West
Wawona has several vacation cabins
Check this link - http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california/gold-country-high-sierra/yosemite/yosemite-national-pa
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Planning the Family Trip

Postby dan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 am

Forestra (west off of Hwy 140) has some cabins for rent and is probably closest to the Valley. They had a fire several years ago, so it's a little treeless now.

Yosemite West is a little south of Yosemite Valley and has several cabins for rent. In the trees and off of Hwy 41.

Wawona is at the south end of Yosemite National Park and has several cabins for rent. About an hours drive from Yosemite Valley.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite