Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Lost Camera

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Lost Camera

Postby AviatorDave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Just got back a few days ago. No mosquitos, but lost my camera. I had it at Glacier point, and my brother in law says he remembers seeing me with it at Illilouette Falls. We stopped at the top of Nevada falls and ate, so it either fell out between Illilouette and Nevada falls, or came out at Nevada falls and didn't get put back in my backpack, OR it fell out somewhere along the way past Nevada falls.

We went from Glacier point, took the Panoramic trail up to half dome, then back down the mist trail to Happy Isles. I didn't notice it was missing until I was about to go up the cables and wanted to get some pics for my brother in law that only made it to the end of the steps on the sub-dome. I did go back and look at Nevada falls on the way down, but didn't see it.

And I have already reported it to the two lost and found numbers as well.

Oh yeah, it's a Canon PowerShot SD450 Digital Elph in the black soft case.
AviatorDave

Lost Camera

Postby Devo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 am

Aviator Dave, my young son found a Canon Digital Elph in black soft case, in a rock pool at the top of Nevada Falls (where the swimming lagoon is) on the 23 August. We brought it home with us to the UK. Happy to send to you but it is badly water damaged (doesn't appear to be working even though dried out and has small rust) It's not a SD450 though....if you are sure that yours was a 450 then just a coincidence and this one probably not yours.
Devo
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AviatorDave » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:25 am

No, mine's definitely an SD450. It's written right on the front face of the camera, and I have the box sitting right here. I can replace the camera for $100 or so off of ebay, but I was really hoping to get the SD card back, there are a few pics I hadn't yet transferred to a computer yet.

But thanks so much for the reply and PM, I really do appreciate it.
AviatorDave

Postby oakroscoe » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm

I gotta say this site is awesome when you see threads like this.

My condolences aviatordave. I hope somehow you get that SD card back to get your pictures back.
oakroscoe
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking