Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

New Scam - www.nationalparkservices.org

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

New Scam - www.nationalparkservices.org

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Author: Sabrina D. (---.wrls.redl.mt.vcn.com)
Date: 01-06-04 16:10

Hi,

I just wanted to alert all Yosemite enthusiasts of a new scam that started up a couple months ago involving a fraud website www.nationalparkservices.org.

The website misrepresents itself as the real National Park Service (the federal government agency) and charges a 10% fee just to make a reservation. The website uses a .org extension to further confuse vicitims into believing they are working with the real National Park Service. The site also has photos of park entrance signs including the government agency's emblem/logo!

The authorized concessionaires do NOT even accept reservations from this website and the U.S. government is investigating for possible criminal charges. My advice is to avoid www.nationalparkservices.org and hold on to your wallet! Also watch the news...I'm sure they'll be in it when the government shuts them down.

Re: New Scam - www.nationalparkservices.org
Author: w. allen (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 01-16-04 06:31

I have dealt with nationalparkservices.org, and found them to be completely above board. Just like their website says, they provide a service for people. I'm sure a lot of people feel that some people should work without pay, but I don't. They had their terms at their website, so I took the time to read them prior to booking. Maybe some of the people who are grumbling, should take the time to read. Would they sign a contract at a bank for a loan without reading the terms? Probably, and then blame the bank for them not reading the terms.
Enjoy your stay at the parks, and remember, this is America, and people get paid for their services.

Author: Rodney (---.lcinet.net)
Date: 02-21-04 09:48

Looks like a travel agency to me.

Author: Mary Ann (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 06-09-04 06:43

Thank you for the warning, but it's too late for me. I thought I was booking rooms through the National Park system in December. I reserved two rooms. They charged my account for one night stay immediately. They sent me an e-mail confirmation. When I needed to cancel yesterday, they told me my reservation number was no good and that when they called Yosemite there was no reservation. In other words, they have the $$ and I have never had a reservation. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might do to get my money back.

National Park Services Scam
Author: Dan Anderson (---.pmbc.com)
Date: 09-28-04 12:20

There's some more information about National Park Services (nationalparkservices.org) scam at

http://www.yosemitecampers.com/discus/m ... 1096399077
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite