Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

A Week in Yosemite

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: A Week in Yosemite

Postby Phil » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:04 am

You should have heard back within 24 hours for the second application too. You might have gotten lost in the system because it was the holiday weekend when you applied, or maybe the fax didn't transmit legibly. Who knows? You did make sure you gave them your email address the second time, right?

Assuming it's properly updated, as of right now, I'm seeing an opening for Rafferty Creek on July 18th, and a few others for Lyell Canyon (my personal preference) on July 4th, 5th, 12th, 13th, 17th and 20th on the full trailheads report:

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/u ... lheads.pdf

If any of those dates fit your schedule, both trailheads will get you up the hill to where you want to go. If not, go for a walk-up whenever you're ready.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Justin-T » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:54 am

I applied last week and hadn't heard more than two days later. I called them up on 209-372-0740 expecting to be on hold for an hour but got through on the second ring. The guy who answered was very helpful and quickly found my permit, email arrived in 5 minutes... Not sure if they have a problem with the system or they're just behind due to sheer weight of applications.

I might see you on the trail, we'll be on the high Sierra loop (but not at the HSCs) last week of July. Can't wait!
Justin-T
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby robow8 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:07 am

I know they've sent mine to the wrong email before. You can always check your bank account to see if there's been a charge. But give them a call; they're very helpful!
robow8
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Postby Treadstone0014 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Great news: My permit application has been accepted with a start date of August 7th at Rafferty Creek with the exit trailhead being Sunrise Lakes. Did not receive a Half Dome permit, but I think I'll live. Any other comments/advice on this route is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far!
Treadstone0014
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking