Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tioga Rd as of right now

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Tioga Rd as of right now

Postby Phil » Thu May 26, 2016 8:43 am

CLOSED from Crane Flat east due to snow and ice...

For the latest info: 209-372-0200 (1,1)

Glacier Point road is open.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Tioga Rd as of right now

Postby Phil » Thu May 26, 2016 9:38 pm

Okay, back OPEN now.

Let the weekend madness begin.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Grzldvt » Thu May 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Phil wrote:Okay, back OPEN now.

Let the weekend madness begin.

I know every man, woman and child will be headed into the park in the next two days. :mrgreen:
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Grzldvt » Sun May 29, 2016 1:14 am

Road was open and was amazed at the lack of snow in the surrounding areas. Went to may Lake and was surprised at how high the snow was in some areas and lacking in others. Granite oriented areas were void of snow, grassy, or tree covered were loaded. In some spots I was on 6-8 feet of snow.
Decided to do May Lake, and he trail was pretty much obliterated, with an occasional opening to reinforce you are headed in the right direction.
Got to the last switchback, when a lightning and thunderstorm came in. It was very loud and explosive. Giving it the respect it deserved, I hustled back down. I did get hailed on before I hit the car.. That was almost fun to deal with.
One of the other things that amazed me is all the side roads are also plowed. The road up to the May Lake parking lot was plowed but they still had it closed to traffic.
I probably should not say this but was amazed at the lack of crowds.
Steve
Grzldvt
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking