Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

annettes twin lakes to hetch hetchy

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

annettes twin lakes to hetch hetchy

Postby CoryContreras227 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Just wondering if anyone has hiked from twin lakes to benson lake in the same day.

I'm planning on hiking to hetch hetchy from twin lakes in 3 or 4 days. I would like to stay at benson lake but don't know how long it would take. I'm a good physically fit person and been hiking for years and been to peeler and barney lake plenty of times and they were pretty easy and fast but i know after peeler lake it get's a bit more difficult. Any feedback would be great and where you would prefer to stay. or even if I should stay at peeler lake and then stay at benson lake and make the rest of the trip from there or should i stay at another lake. I know i make it to peeler like in like 4 to 5 hours

My route would be twin lakes -barney lake- peeler lake- benson lake - to hetch hetchy
CoryContreras227
First-timer
First-timer

Re: annettes twin lakes to hetch hetchy

Postby balzaccom » Sat May 28, 2016 7:59 pm

We did it in two days. From Peeler into Kerrick isn't bad, and Kerrick is lovely...

But up and over the pass to Benson is work--particularly the long steep drop into Benson
Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
balzaccom
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking