Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Hetch Hetchy east towards Rancheria Mtn

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Re: Hetch Hetchy east towards Rancheria Mtn

Postby mpadilla » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:04 am

Hi, Just got back from hetch hetchy, rancheria, tiltill etc. (4 days/3 nights) I used bug spray and that kept the mosquitos off me. At the camp site, a camp fire helps in the dusk hours when they are most active. The closer you are to standing water the worse. Running water is less of a mosquito problem. One of the pieces of wood that we burned let out a dripping sap with a pungent odor and that worked the best.
mpadilla

Postby WanderingJim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:20 pm

mpadilla wrote:Hi, Just got back from hetch hetchy, rancheria, tiltill etc. (4 days/3 nights) I used bug spray and that kept the mosquitos off me. At the camp site, a camp fire helps in the dusk hours when they are most active. The closer you are to standing water the worse. Running water is less of a mosquito problem. One of the pieces of wood that we burned let out a dripping sap with a pungent odor and that worked the best.

Thanks for the info. Packing my heavy duty bug spray. :)

How are the conditions up that way? I'm planning on a similar hike from Hetch Hetchy next weekend.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby drm » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:43 am

Laying in my tent on the North Rim now, got 4G.

We're some camps worse than others on your route?
drm
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking