Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

7 Day Camping Limit in the Yosemite Valley

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

7 Day Camping Limit in the Yosemite Valley

Postby vpadsr » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 am

This is my first post and I have scanned the forum looking for an answer to this question before asking. Please feel free to redirect me if I missed this somehow:

My wife and I are camping in the Valley in June but we were only able to get campsites on opposite sides of a weekend 3 nights on one side and 3 on the other with a gap of 3 nights (thurs, fri, sat) in between. The question is, if we manage to snag a cancellation for the 3 nights in between we would have reserved for more than our 7 night limit in the valley, but presumably we would be staying in (at least) 3 different sites and possibly more than one campground.

Does anyone know how the 7 night limit is enforced? One set of reservations is in her name and one is in mine, but I don't know if that makes a difference. Having 9 nights in the valley would be a real luxury, but we don't want to have a ranger come kick us out part way through our trip!

I have a friend who mentioned that she spent almost two months camping at Tuolumne without anyone kicking her out, but I think that she was sharing sites for some of those nights.
vpadsr
First-timer
First-timer

Re: 7 Day Camping Limit in the Yosemite Valley

Postby dan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

You won't be caught, probably. But it does exceed the 7 night camping limit.

There is a camping limit for 14 nights for the entire park, so you can camp outside the Valley. On the North side, Crane Flat is close to the Valley, Hodgdon Meadow a little further. On the south side is Bridalveil Creek--which is first-come, first-served (no reservations).

Rules:
https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campregs.htm
Summary of campgrounds:
https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds