Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite -> Merced

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite -> Merced

Postby damir » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:55 am

Hi.

We are visiting Yosemite this summer and are unfortunately restricted to public transportation.

We have succesfully booked the service via Amtrak which will help us get TO Yosemite, but we cannot book online a ticket FROM Yosemite back (if your starting station isn't the main station, you MUST include a US mailing address to get the tickets sent by mail, which us being international customers kinda do not have). The closest place we can book the tickets from is Merced.

So my question is:

How hard it is to reach Merced from Yosemite? Which services offer this route and are they bookable online?

I thank you in advance. Cheers!
damir
Regular
Regular

Postby bill-e-g » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:07 am

YARTS

http://www.yarts.com/

Hope you have a enjoyable and memorable experience.
Congrats on getting the campground reservation.
I've only heard nightmares about the system.
bill-e-g
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby damir » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:28 am

Thanks.

This is just what I needed. Although they do not accept reservations so I hope that means there's plenty of space.

Cheers!
damir
Regular
Regular

Postby dan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I've never seen a full YARTS bus, so you should be OK.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby tm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi,

I took Amtrak last year after flying into Oakland. I was able to book a bus ticket from Merced to Yosemite along with my train ticket from the Amtrak site. The bus is actually the YARTs bus but hired by Amtrak and won't leave Merced until your train arrives. So you're covered if the train runs late. http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak
The bus number is 8402. Select YOS as your destination otherwise it won't come up in the search.

I think the roud trip for train and bus combined was around 60 bucks.
tm
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite