Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Checking out of hotel but leaving car

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Checking out of hotel but leaving car

Postby gmanj » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:09 pm

We have one night at the Majestic the middle of the week after next. What I'm trying to track down is what happens when we check out but plan to hang around. Ordinarily I'd think I could load the car but leave it but I've heard the parking is valet so how does that work? Any advice? Thanks!
gmanj

Re: Checking out of hotel but leaving car

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 pm

You park in day use parking lots. There's one at Yosemite Village. Unless you are backpacking, then you park in trailhead parking. Move your car early if it's a weekend... it's gonna be really really really really crowded. With a capital CROWD.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby gmanj » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:50 pm

So you're saying I won't be able to leave my car where the hotel parks it? Bummer.

This will be on a Wednesday morning (July 19), so thankfully no weekend. Hopefully it will be manageable.
gmanj

Postby WanderingJim » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 pm

If it's just for the day you leave, they'd probably not have a problem. If you're leaving it overnight or for multiple days, then I'd say you have to move it.

But you'd be best off asking them directly.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite