Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Possibly cancelling Sept 20th trip - what to do about permit

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Possibly cancelling Sept 20th trip - what to do about permit

Postby ergalthema » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:10 pm

I have a permit for Young Lakes via Dog Lake on the 20th, then a campsite reservation at Crane Flat on the 21st.

It's looking like I won't be able to make it. Should I just cancel and lose whatever the fee is? Or are there other options like transferring them?
ergalthema
Regular
Regular

Re: Possibly cancelling Sept 20th trip - what to do about pe

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:16 pm

They are not transferable, no. You should cancel with the wilderness office so someone else can go, but you don't get a refund. You might get a partial refund for the campsite.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ergalthema » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:52 pm

AlmostThere wrote:They are not transferable, no. You should cancel with the wilderness office so someone else can go, but you don't get a refund. You might get a partial refund for the campsite.

Well, I'd like to cancel my permit, but there is no way to do it online and the number they gave me is busy...
ergalthema
Regular
Regular

Postby Phil » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:33 pm

ergalthema wrote:Well, I'd like to cancel my permit, but there is no way to do it online and the number they gave me is busy.

Pretty typical. Give it a couple more tries for good measure and then just abandon it. If someone else wants it as a walk-up, they'll grab it when you don't meet your deadline and it reverts back into the system. Besides, you're not getting your money back anyhow.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby WanderingJim » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:30 pm

FYI You can't get a refund, but if you need to reschedule and can find a date and trailhead that works for you they will make the changes without new charges. You a have to call before the the date of the orignal permit otherwise it'll be cancelled as a no-show, of course.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite