Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Lower pines

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Lower pines

Postby Wickett » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:29 pm

I was in the park a few weeks ago and they had lower pines all torn up. Does anyone know what they are doing?
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Lower pines

Postby dan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Wickett wrote:I was in the park a few weeks ago and they had lower pines all torn up. Does anyone know what they are doing?

Probably utility work. For obscure updates, see
http://www.nps.gov/yose/parknews/upload/daily.PDF
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby airrj » Wed May 06, 2009 9:38 pm

They have been working on that since last fall when the campground closed. Down at the far end where the YA and Sierra Club volunteers stay, they took out four monster trees and they had a huge pit dug. And I was told by the foreman that it was all utility work. Septic mostly I think.

R.J.
airrj
Regular
Regular

Postby Wickett » Thu May 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I just camped there for a week and they have it all done. Looks like they are going to expand the campground also.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Lower Pines-best sites?

Postby rockhntr » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Can anyone recommend best sites at Lower Pines. We have 2 RV's and 3 other families all camping together mid July and wonder which sites are best for us all to shoot for reserving on March 15th?
rockhntr
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Lower Pines doesn't open until March 24th.

There are sites available in Upper Pines tho.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Lower Pines-best sites?

Postby dan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Here's a link to Yosemite campground maps which may help:
http://www.yosemite.ca.us/maps/campground_maps.html

Here's a link to Yosemite campground information, including opening dates:
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campground.htm
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Lower Pines-best sites?

Postby Wickett » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:04 am

rockhntr wrote:Can anyone recommend best sites at Lower Pines. We have 2 RV's and 3 other families all camping together mid July and wonder which sites are best for us all to shoot for reserving on March 15th?

Depends on the size of your RV's. The bigger the RV, the fewer sites there are to choose from. I suggest going on www.recreation.gov and check out all of the pines sites for RV size. As far as getting sites next to each other I would make it a team effort booking online. The resevations go extremely quick, ie a minute or two, from the time they are released. Become familiar with the booking process before hand and be manned and ready when they release the sites.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds