Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Illilouette Creek conditions

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Illilouette Creek conditions

Postby fluffythemarmot » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:37 pm

I am planning a short backpacking trip by way of the Mono Meadow trail and was wondering if Illilouette Creek is dry. Thanks!
fluffythemarmot
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Illilouette Creek conditions

Postby Phil » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:31 pm

It is flowing, slowly but surely.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Pbattler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:33 pm

My daughter and I just came off the Red Peak Pass Loop (September 9-13). Illilouette is flowing just fine.
Pbattler
Regular
Regular

Postby Phil » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Pbattler wrote:My daughter and I just came off the Red Peak Pass Loop (September 9-13). Illilouette is flowing just fine.

Did you two still end up coming in at GP and down to LYV, or did you go in at Mono Meadow and reverse direction on the loop?
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Pbattler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:15 am

Phil,

We went clockwise: GP - LYV - Washburn Lake - Red Devil Lake - Clark Peak Fork - GP. Day 3, from Washburn to Red Devil, up the Red Peak Fork drainage was particularly fun. The weather was perfect - even warm enough for a swim in Red Devil Lake.

Pete
Pbattler
Regular
Regular

Postby Phil » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:35 am

Were you guys all cross country after Washburn? If so, what was your route past Red Devil Lake over to Clark Fork?

I'm slammed here at home and tired of solving everyone else's problems except my own, so I want to try to get in one more solo trip this year before the weather turns, and shooting for later this week and still having a really hard time deciding, but I want to avoid trails and as many people as possible.

Getting hung up for the first night at LYV didn't treat you too bad?
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Going to Blackcap Basin with a couple other people on Friday. You're welcome to join. I'll be out for six days tho.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Pbattler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Sorry, Phil. I reread my description and realized why it was unclear. We were only off trail between Washburn and Red Devil. We rejoined the trail, after Red Devil, and finished the loop to GP. On the bright side, we saw no other people on the Red Peak Fork day, and only two people on the Red Peak Pass day. Even the final day, back to GP, we probably only saw half a dozen people. You might be able to do a similar loop and still have some solitude.
Pbattler
Regular
Regular

Postby Phil » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Thank you both!!
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking