Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

New Trailhead Permits Avaialble Website

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

New Trailhead Permits Avaialble Website

Postby WanderingJim » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:45 pm

https://yosemite.org/planning-your-wilderness-permit/

Looks like they moved the old single page daily trailhead report to a new form page.

Although it's nice to be able to see individual trailheads and hide the fully booked dates, it's a little harder to scan for open trailheads for a particular date.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: New Trailhead Permits Avaialble Website

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:59 am

Navigationally, it's a bit clunky if, as you say, you want to easily and quickly scan for any and all open trailheads, at-a-glance.

I think the Conservancy is going to be even more critical to funding the park's operations, because the NPS budget has been, and will even more so, now be absolutely decimated. I would love to see what this has cost them so far, and what the projections are in lost revenue as a point of reference. Aside from the obvious of trail maintenance and wilderness infrastructure being the first on the chopping block, as always, out of economic necessity, this might end up becoming the final impetus for privatization and corporate sponsorship that we've all feared and resisted for so long.
Phil
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking