Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Glacier Point Road Reconstruction 2022

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Glacier Point Road Reconstruction 2022

Postby jgaffney » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:59 pm

In response to an earlier post of mine about a trip I'm planning south of Glacier Point Road for 2021, another member posted that GPR would be closed for reconstruction. Alarmed, I checked the NPS website and found that the reconstruction is planned for 2022, so I'm good for next year.

Here's the webpage:

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/gproadfaq.htm
jgaffney
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Re: Glacier Point Road Reconstruction 2022

Postby WanderingJim » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:58 pm

Interesting.

I sort of wondered if they could have started this year since the park was closed for 3 months and then had limited visitation, but I imagine a big project like this takes time to prepare and stage equipment.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 am

I posted the link on the thread.... :wink:

But you can bet those busses won't be running unless the vaccinations for covid are rolled out early in 2021.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ssamsamm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:07 am

In response to an earlier post of mine about a trip I'm planning south of Glacier Point Road for 2021, another member posted that GPR would be closed for reconstruction. If you are troubled you can find a good loan offer here Alarmed, I checked the NPS website and found that the reconstruction is planned for 2022, so I'm good for next year.

Here's the webpage:

https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/gproadfaq.htm

sorry for a newbie question but I the park actually open during all these anti pandemic measures??
Last edited by ssamsamm on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mono un Mono
ssamsamm
First-timer
First-timer

Postby WanderingJim » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:59 am

ssamsamm wrote:
sorry for a newbie question but I the park actually open during all these anti pandemic measures?

Right now they are open, but with reduced lodging, no shuttles, and masks required indoors and outdoors if you can't keep your distance from other people.

Last year, they were closed completely, open with limited services and day reservations needed, open without reservations, closed completely, then reopened for Feb with limited services and day reservations needed. It's been a long year.
WanderingJim
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking