Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

questions about camping off 120 just outside the park

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

questions about camping off 120 just outside the park

Postby jmannn1 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 pm

I am planning on camping just outside the park next week. Any suggestions for campsites? I read up on some such as Tioga Lake, Junction and Saddleback campgrounds. We will have our dogs with us, so that is the main issue and lack of crowds is desirable. Thanks for looking...
jmannn1
First-timer
First-timer

Postby jpcal » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:24 pm

They all have a small amount of sites available so there won't be a huge amount of people however I believe they do fill up quick. I believe there is also a campground at Ellery Lake. Tioga lake is probably the biggest campground, Saddlebag with definitely have the most people with a lot of people fishing the lake during the day.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds