Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

yosemite backpack shuttle services

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

yosemite backpack shuttle services

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:31 am

Author: karl dupre' (---.nash01.tn.comcast.net)
Date: 01-25-03 15:43

does anyone know of any outfitters or other individuals who might provide shuttle services for a fee?

Re: shuttle services
Author: Belinda Amor (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: 09-28-04 08:37

Looking for shuttle services for 46 persons from Yosemite Lakes Preserves Campground to Yosemite Lodge on Oct 2 and return.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Kind regards,

TRACKS TO ADVENTURE

Belinda Amor

Re: shuttle services
Author: Dan Anderson (---.drydog.com)
Date: 09-29-04 10:48

For 46 people, you need to charter a bus. That can be done from several companies in Fresno or from the concessionaire in Yosemite. YARTS only runs from Merced to the Valley on Highway 140 to the Valley and the Tioga Ro
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

shuttle service schedule

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:32 am

shuttle service
Author: Karl duPre' (---.nash01.tn.comcast.net)
Date: 01-13-03 18:46

I am planning a trip from tuolumne meadows to glacier point via red peak pass. Iwould like to leave my car in the valley so that we could take the shuttle down from glacier point at the end of our trip.I was wondering if anyone could tell me when the 8:20 AM shuttle from the valley arrives at tuolumne meadows.

Re: shuttle service
Author: Dan Anderson (---.ca.us)
Date: 01-14-03 09:31

I remember it taking about 3 hours. They drop people off along the way (mostly hikers and backpackers). If you want to know the exact time, call the Transportation Desk at Yosemite Lodge in the valley. Of course, this service is available only when the road is open (Summer and early Fall).
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

hiking shuttle?

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:01 am

Author: Freddy (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 09-13-03 20:06

We'll be in Yosemite the last week in Sept. I noticed on the park site that the hiker's shuttle up to the meadows stops on Labor Day. Is there any other one-way transportation from the valley up to trail heads in Tuolumne area ? Thank you, Freddy

Re: hiking shuttle?
Author: George (---.rev.o1.com)
Date: 03-28-04 17:12

Check YARTS (www.yarts.com). According to the Lonely Planet Guide to Yosemite, they do a once-a-week run to Mammoth on weekends only thru September. They drop you off at points on highway 120 including Tuolumne Meadows. Check their website.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Transport to Tuolumne Meadows

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:16 am

Author: Robert Taylor (64.80.146.---)
Date: 05-23-05 17:02

Does anyone know what the earliest departure is for the bus that takes you from Yosemite Valley to Tuolomne Meadows. Also, will it drop you off at the variious trailheads? Any info regarding this is appreciated.

Re: Transport to Toulumne Meadows
Author: Dan Anderson (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: 05-23-05 18:17

Go to www.yarts.org http://www.yarts.org and click on schedules, then Highway 120E/395.

There's only one bus from Yosemite Valley, in the evening (for 2005). The bus only runs in summer. The bus depends on the Tioga Road opening, which has no estimated opening date yet. Definitely not Memorial Day, but probably by 4th of July. For oening dates, see
http://www.nps.gov/yose/now/tioga.htm http://www.nps.gov/yose/now/tioga.htm
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking