Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Have a campground reservation but arriving late!

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Have a campground reservation but arriving late!

Postby bond2366 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:40 am

We will be arriving at 7:00 or 8:00 pm on a Saturday at Tuolumne Meadows campground and have reservations. Is this a problem? I'm not sure how late a window is open etc..
bond2366

Postby jpcal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 am

Im not positive but I think the kiosk may be closed by then. By 730 it starts to get pretty dark in TM (all the trees). There should be a site reserved for you because you have reservations, but I don't know if they will post your site on the window of the kiosk. If they are closed already by the time you get there and they don't post it you will have to find a spot and in the morning go back to the kiosk to get your assigned spot.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby bond2366 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:19 am

I just called and the park attendant told me the same thing. They said just find a spot and sign for it in the morning. Considering it is supposed to be a full campground that night has me a bit concerned (especially since it's a Saturday), but I suppose they'll mark a spot reserved for us and we just have to find it and hope someone else doesn't take it before we get there (I hope so anyway).
bond2366

Postby jpcal » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Hopefully...there are some people who will come in late at night set up camp and are gone by morning, basically getting the night for free. However there are some people who have additional campgrounds with no tent so watch out for those sites.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby bond2366 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:37 am

For those of you who might have the same question, Yosemite staff called me back and said yes, the kiosk closes at 6:30 but if you have a reservation at the campsite for that day they do hold you a spot and post your site number on the kiosk window so you can go find it (hopefully unoccupied). Then you sign in in the morning.

Thanks to Yosemite staff - I received a return e-mail and call on the same day! By the way Tuolumne is pronounced "follow me to Two-owl-um-nay" - I had no clue how that was pronounced.
bond2366

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds