Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

last-minute permits

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

last-minute permits

Postby ksorbello » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:15 pm

I plan to hike the JMT from Happy Isles soon, and am prepared to sleep on the ranger station steps to get my walk-on permit, but need to know - is the station open for permits on weekends? even Sundays? Where do I find their hours?
thank you...
Pilgrim
walking while waiting for her permit to Jesus' unblemished Garden
ksorbello

Postby Wickett » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Wilderness Center Hours

Yosemite Valley
Open 7 days a week from 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m

From the website http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/wildcond.htm
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:46 pm

They start walk in permits the day before departure date - if you show up the morning of, you have a good chance, but they actually start giving them out the day before. So rather than killing your back sleeping on the porch you could go up the day before you want to start hiking, pick up the permit, explore the front country a while, stay in a backpacker's campground for five bucks, and start hiking whenever you want the next day.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby ksorbello » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Thank you!
Pilgrim
walking while waiting for her permit to Jesus' unblemished Garden
ksorbello

Return to Visiting Yosemite