Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

transportation in early fall

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

transportation in early fall

Postby rmcbroom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:28 pm

I have a permit to hike from Toulunme Meadows Campground to Yosemite Valley via the JMT from Sep. 22-24. From everything I see online, transportation to and from those places ceases after Labor Day or Sep. 20th. What options do I have to get back to my car?

Thanks,
rmcbroom

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 pm

If you park the car in the valley and catch YARTS at the Visitor Center in the evening the day before your hike, you could stay in the backpacker campground at Tuolumne Meadows. YARTS runs on weekends in September. Not sure if it runs that late, would be worth a call tho.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby rmcbroom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Unfortunately, they stop service before that date.
rmcbroom

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Then I guess your options narrow to hitch hiking, pre-arranging someone to pick you up, or hiking back to the car.

If my hiking group had an outing in the area I'd volunteer a seat in one of our cars, but we usually go out weekends. Wish I could have been more help.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby rmcbroom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it.
rmcbroom

Return to Visiting Yosemite