Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Tioga Pass Road opening

Information on possible opening and closing dates for the Tioga Road (Highway 120 East) through Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Tioga Pass Road opening

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:16 am

Author: J Jedi
Date: 04-28-01 15:28

We are to visit Yosemite Valley in the spring, entering from the east over Tioga Pass. How early in the season can one reliably expect the road to be open?

Re: Tioga Pass Road
Author: Dan Anderson
Date: 04-28-01 15:34

The Tioga Road opening date depends on the snowpack. It is usually open by the July 4th weekend, and sometimes as early as Memorial Day.

Author: Sarah
Date: 04-26-02 05:33

We are planning a trip from yosemite to s. lake tahoe in June (12th onwards) and were planning enter from the west and take the Tioga Pass to Lee Vining. If the pass is still closed is there another route accross the Sierras to join highway 395?

Author: Sarah
Date: 04-26-02 05:39

We are planning a trip from yosemite to s. lake tahoe in June (12th onwards) and were planning enter from the west and take the Tioga Pass to Lee Vining. If the pass is still closed is there another route accross the Sierras to join highway 395?

Author: Mike
Date: 04-26-02 10:05

For alternative routes, there are several but they require leaving the park and will add about 8 hours to your drive if starting from inside the park.

Date: 04-26-02 10:08

I-80 at Lake Tahoe is open year around over the Sierra (except when the snow storms overwhelm them once in a while in Winter). There are other passes between Yosemite and I-80 as well, but that's probably the easiest and quickest alternative.

You can ask at the Visitor Center or an entrance station if Tioga Pass is open.

Author: tris
Date: 04-02-04 15:35

I plan on doing a trans sierra ski trip from lee vining to yosemite valley. I'm going on the road as far as olmstead pt. How much snow is there right now? I'll be there in the middle of april. Any info would be great.

Date: 04-02-04 15:54

I've done that a few years ago--you can stay at Tioga Pass Lodge and (for free) at Tuolumnee Meadows.

The Tuolumnee Meadows hut sleeps about 8.

There's a few feet of snow now--which is normal. For details, see the California Water Dept. web page at cdec dot water dot ca dot gov
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Tioga Road Opening/Closing