Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Yosemite campground questions

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Yosemite campground questions

Postby archive » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:26 am

Camping
Author: Michelle (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 09-13-05 17:41

Hey! This weekend will be my first time camping in Yosemite and I had a few questions: I am camping in Crane Flats can I buy firewood in Yosemite; how much food fits in the bear locker and is that all the food I want to bring (do people car camp or is it really just backpack camping); is there clean running water in the camping area; what is the elevation at Crane Flats and how cold/hot is it really going to get this weekend (Sept 17-21)?

Ok so more than a few but...I want to be prepared!

Thanks Michelle

Re: Camping
Author: Jon (---.goldrush.com)
Date: 09-14-05 07:12

Michelle:
Yes, you can buy firewood in Yosemite. The bear locker is plenty big for as much food as you will be able to eat. This is car camping. There is tap water, but no river. The elevation at crane flat is 6,191'.

I haven't checked the weather report, but I'd be prepared for it to get down to around 30 degrees.

Have a great Yosemite experience!

Jon

Author: Michelle (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: 09-14-05 11:43

Hey Jon!

Thanks for your response!

Is the bear locker big enough for a cooler and some other bins of food? My partner is thinking steaks & bake potatoes and I am thinking that is not going to happen? :-) We are there for 5 days.

Thanks Michelle

Bear Locker Size
Author: Dan Anderson (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: 09-14-05 12:24

The bear locker is plenty big. The old style lockers are big enough to hold 2 large ice chests and a couple bags of groceries. The new style bear lockers (slightly off the ground) are big enough to hold 1 large ice chest and a few bags of groceries. Not a problem.

Author: Michelle (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: 09-14-05 12:32

Thanks Dan!
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds