Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

yosemite national park vs mammoth lakes, california

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park in Winter and most of Spring, when snow is on the ground. Includes visiting in winter, snow play, downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and snow camping.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

yosemite national park vs mammoth lakes, california

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Author: Hambik (---.tritech.org)
Date: 01-18-06 15:02

Me and a couple of buddies were planning a camping trip. We just can't decide which where to go between yosemite or mammoth. Were fully aware of each of the distinational distances but just never been there and was hoping you guys can tell me which spot is more popular. Me and my buddies are crazy about camping were all about the outdoors, were also hoping to see alot of wild life. Any tip or suggestion is greatly appriciated.

Re: yosemite national park vs mammoth lakes, california
Author: Dan Anderson (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: 01-18-06 16:27

It depends on what you want. First off, I assume you mean Mammoth Lakes, California (not Mammoth Hot Springs, Montana, in Yellowstone National Park).

Yosemite is more popular (and more crowded).
Mammoth has less restrictions, as it's not in a National Park (you can Mountain Bike and take your dog, for example).

Yosemite has slightly more wildlife (I've seen deer, black bear, and coyote in Yosemite than Mammoth).

Re: yosemite national park vs mammoth lakes, california
Author: Hambik (---.tritech.org)
Date: 01-19-06 08:54

Hey thanx alot Dan, you've been a great deal of help. Yeah, i meant Mammoth lakes and it looks like were destined to go to yosemite strickly because of the wild life. Thank you for putting things in to perspective.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby GarethConnors » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:35 am

Although Yosemite will have more of a crowd, it is just stunningly beautiful and I would not miss an opportunity to visit and explore there if you've never been.
Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
---Frank Lloyd Wright
California Vacation
GarethConnors
First-timer
First-timer

Postby Alwaysthinkin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 am

Yosemite all the way.
Alwaysthinkin

Return to Winter in Yosemite