Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Afforable place to stay inside the park?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Afforable place to stay inside the park?

Postby Marialys143 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 am

Good morning all!

I am new to the forum and just recently took the TRIP OF A LIFETIME to Yellowstone National Park. Now I have National Parks fever! :lol:

I would like take a trip next year to Yosemite for a week or so but need some advice as where to stay that will not break the bank.

At Yellowstone I paid like $85 a night for a great cabin. Any thoughts on where I can stay near the Valley that would be in the price range?

Any other thoughts and advice on where to stay or what to do would be great.

Marialys143

Re: Afforable place to stay inside the park?

Postby dan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:28 am

The closest are Yosemite Lodge and then Cedar Lodge in El Portal on Highway 140:
http://calhotels.us/california/mariposa.html
Here's a clickable map of other nearby cities with lodging:
http://www.yosemite.ca.us/lodging.html

For cheap, I suggest the Yosemite Bug Hostel, also along Hwy. 140:
http://www.yosemitebug.com/
I haven't stayed there, but people who have enjoyed it.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:08 am

Or you could camp. Just $20 a night...
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:15 am

Wickett wrote:Or you could camp. Just $20 a night...

Plus, all the bears, birds, squirrels and mice visit you! No need for a long ol' hike to see wildlife.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby dan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm

AlmostThere wrote:

Plus, all the bears, birds, squirrels and mice visit you! No need for a long ol' hike to see wildlife.

I admit that a cozy warm bed is more comfortable than a sleeping bag on the ground. But let me assure you there's more mice in any cabin or motel or hotel than in a tent. Mice like dwellings as much as people do.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am

dan wrote:
AlmostThere wrote:

I admit that a cozy warm bed is more comfortable than a sleeping bag on the ground. But let me assure you there's more mice in any cabin or motel or hotel than in a tent. Mice like dwellings as much as people do.

I just received my Jungle Hammock since a squirrel tore up my tent. The reviews are great, we will see... I am trying it this weekend in Yosemite.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby abouttandoutt » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Housekeeping camp excellent place
The feel of camping without the *feel of camping*
Interest place too next to a river got laundry showers... everything for the adjusting camper :D The bridge at the end of the camp over the river has excellent views of the mountains and excellent spot for deers
abouttandoutt

Postby michaelhoffman » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:06 am

Hi Maria,
Just a quick reminder about Yellowstone National Park which you have recently visited. Do you know that this place is shown in the latest movie 2012. Anyways let me come to your point. You are looking for some cheap hotels for night stay at Yosemite. I have source to find some low rates hotels at Yosemite. Even one of my friend is working as a travel agent and I think he might be aware of some cheap rate hotels there.
bluetooth headset
michaelhoffman

Postby Marialys143 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:20 am

thank you all for your responses, I am excited about the possibility of seeing nature in all its glory again.

Yes, I did know that Yellowstone is showcased (if you can call it that) and was aware of the "super volcano" sitting under it.

But there is nothing in this world that can keep me from going back. :wink:
Marialys143

Postby hotrod4x5 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:11 am

Yosemite and inexpensive don't really go together, unless you are staying in the off season, during the week. Recently I stayed in a canvas cabin in Curry Village for $44.29 with tax per night. You really can't beat that, except in the campground, but there you have to supply your own tents, beds, etc.

The only (IMO) downside is you cannot eat or cook in or near your tent cabin. So you can eat/cook at one of the valley picnic areas, or eat at one of the valley eateries.

Of course, you are also using a common bathroom and shower building, but the price can't be beat.

You aren't going to find anything hard sided for your Yellowstone price in the valley that I am aware of, maybe a hard sided cabin in Curry in the off season, during the week, might be close.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 am
A little late on the reply :twisted:
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Afforable place to stay inside the park?

Postby hotrod4x5 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Marialys143 wrote:
I would like take a trip next year to Yosemite for a week or so but need some advice as where to stay that will not break the bank.

She says "next year" and she posted in September, so it's hard to say when she is going.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm

I was just being facetious. :D

The boards are starting to pick up for the season!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite