Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Lodging

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Lodging

Postby carlo186 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:58 pm

Anyone have experience with staying at Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn in Oakhurst?

It was the best pet friendly location I could find. Is that too far. We will be there from Dec 22 -27. Hopefully road conditions from that direction into the park will be OK.
carlo186

Postby Hikin Mike » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:58 pm

I've stayed there a few times with my wife and sometimes with the whole family if we want a close, weekend 'vacation'. Nice place. :D
Hikin Mike
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby marryjohnson » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:41 pm

HI Mike!!
Thanks for you information.
I am newbie and planning to this Christmas.
Any place to explore over there.
Thanks.
marryjohnson

Postby Hikin Mike » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:48 pm

marryjohnson wrote:HI Mike!!
Thanks for you information.
I am newbie and planning to this Christmas.
Any place to explore over there.
Thanks.

In Oakhurst? I think there's a museum, but I've never stopped. :oops:
Hikin Mike
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby dan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:49 pm

The Best Western Oakhurst is a nice family vacation hotel. It has a slight woodsey feel to it.

As for exploring in Oakhurst, I don't know of anything. Mariposa is a better town for exploring--it has the feel of an old western town. You can always explore in the Park--explore Wawona and Mariposa Grove. In Oakhurst, relax in your room and enjoy the restaurants in town. I like the Mexican restaurant at the junction of Highways 41 & 49. About a mile east or so on Hwy 41, on the left (north) is a cute coffee shop for breakfast. Also a waffle shop for breakfast. Don't remember the names off the top of my head.

About another mile or two east on 41 on the right is a good sandwich shop for lunch. There's a BBQ place on the right, but I don't recommend it (the sauces are too bland at least for me).
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite