Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Denied for Yosemite :(

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Denied for Yosemite :(

Postby OHcamper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:32 am

Well, I did everything in my power to book a campsite ANYWHERE in the Yosemite Valley (all of the "pines" campgrounds). Did everything from logging on at 9:50, refreshing browser, etc. to no avail. All literally disappeared within 1-2 minutes. Now what? I'm so frustrated. I did end up getting one site for ONE night on our arrival Sun. night to at least get in and have a place to sleep - figure we'll regroup Mon am and hope for a departure or look for first come-first served campgrounds outside the valley. I'm really bummed and really hate going out there with that detail hanging over my head.

Dangit!
Heidi
OHcamper
First-timer
First-timer

Postby jpcal » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:56 pm

What dates are you looking for? Later in the season more campgrounds will open up, so you might have a better chance at getting a site.

Usually the sites do go fast, if you keep looking over the next month or so you might get lucky and find one that gets canceled.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby Wickett » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Keep checking the website. I have found cancellations on there the day before I went. Be vigilent and check it daily. Sorry to hear that you didn't get a site, it is crazy how fast the sites get booked. Camp 4 is in the Valley and it is first come first serve.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds