Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Valley campsites gone in 4 minutes

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Valley campsites gone in 4 minutes

Postby Enzian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:53 am

I was on the booking website this morning, and saw all the sites in the Valley disappear within 4 minutes, at least for the dates I was searching (in early August). Fortunately I was looking for a site in Tuolumne and got one, but I couldn't help but notice how fast the Valley sites went.

It makes it really hard for anyone who isn't clued in to the system---and even if you are it seems hit or miss.

Are people still selling them on eBay, or has the effort to put a stop to that succeeded?
Enzian

Re: Valley campsites gone in 4 minutes

Postby docda » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:33 am

Enzian wrote:I was on the booking website this morning, and saw all the sites in the Valley disappear within 4 minutes, at least for the dates I was searching (in early August). Fortunately I was looking for a site in Tuolumne and got one, but I couldn't help but notice how fast the Valley sites went.

It makes it really hard for anyone who isn't clued in to the system---and even if you are it seems hit or miss.

Are people still selling them on eBay, or has the effort to put a stop to that succeeded?

Doesn't seem to be too much activity on this forum. I was just involved in the melee yesterday morning to secure reservations for August 19th-22nd weekend. 8 family members were logged in and slamming the BOOK button at 7am sharp. We got 5 sites, but not all in the same place, not even the same campground. You take what you can get.

I am sure there are other people who grabbed what they could but don't have what they want. Is there any venue where these people can swap their sites with each other? I have three sites that I'd be willing to give up for just one site in another campground. I'm sure there's a group somewhere that needed three sites at one campground but only got one. Perfect scenario for a swap. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
docda

Postby Wickett » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:48 am

There is site swapping done on this forum sometimes. Post the date range you have and what you are looking for. I got a week in north pines and 5 days in lower pines. I wanted it all in lower pines. I will be there the 5-11 of September.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Aug 19th-22nd Trade

Postby docda » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 pm

My family and I will be camping the weekend of August 19th-22nd and will be needing three sites.

I currently have two sites on Lower Pines [next to each other] and three sites on Upper Pines [in close proximity, but not on same loops.]

I am looking for one more campsite on Lower Pines for this weekend and it must be a 35ft RV site [have a 21 foot trailer.]

For this, I will give up my three sites on Upper Pines.

I also have 4 Half Dome Cable Permits for every weekend from mid July through the end of August. I will be using some of the permits the weekend I'm going, but not all.

Thanks.
docda

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds