Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Making my coffee in Camp Curry

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Making my coffee in Camp Curry

Postby archive » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:50 pm

Author: Ginny
Date: 06-03-04 11:01

I'm trying to figure out how I can have my "wonderful, first cup of coffee in the morning," while staying at Camp Curry. I understand there is no cooking in or around the tents. Other than boiling water in the bathroom with one of those submersible heating coils, are there any picnic tables close by where I could light up a backpackers's propane one burner unit? Would my car be close enought to do this? I love my coffee while getting dressed in my tent. Thanks!!
Ginny

Re: Making my coffee in Curry Campground
Author: Dan Anderson
Date: 06-03-04 11:40

Some people fire up their stoves on the bear boxes in front of Camp Curry. They are stacked 2 high (about 4 feet) and are perfect as a makeshift table. I've seen people even cook eggs or pancakes.

My wife brings a small electrical water heater. Plug it in and it boils water. She then pours it through a small coffee filter. This is probably not endorsed by the concessionaire though.

In my ample experience with bears they never go after coffee. They go after everything else--including canned food, toothpaste, sunscreen, garlic, you name it.

Some pople cook out of the tailgate of their car in the Curry Parking lot.

Author: Jeff Mullins
Date: 07-12-04 16:24

Dan... Whoa! Thanks for the tip about sunscreen and toothpaste. Those items never occured to me as being bear bait.

Author: Joe
Date: 08-05-05 17:42

No they dont, been camping here for 30 years, and they only go after food thats left out. Biggest problem is the wildlife workers that come all hours of the night yelling and setting off m-80 near campers.
archive
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite