Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Group Campground rules strict?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Group Campground rules strict?

Postby Dukie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm

hello,
I will be camping at Wawona group site in Aug.2010

Is Yosemite group campgrounds strict with 30 people max with 5 car limit ?

Ill probably have 30-40 people but most of them senior citizens and many toddlers,babies;and more than 5 cars and 1 or 2 dogs..

Can i get away with this? or will rangers say its a problem?

If any one can answer or been through similar situations, any input would be appreciated. Thanks again
Dukie
First-timer
First-timer

Postby Wickett » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I can only speak for the valley since I haven't camped in wawona. The cars are a definite no. They are easily countable, in the valley the parking pad will only fit the listed number of cars. As far as the people, I have seen people booted out because there were too many. That group was loud and obnoxious though. I had 8, 4 were todlers, on a site listed for 6 people. They noticed but were kind enough not to enforce the rule.

It all depends on the ranger and what kind of day they are having.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby jpcal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Ive seen at least 10 packed onto one site, with about 3 cars. Not once did the rangers bug them. However this was in Tuolumne. Its all up to the staff thats working.
jpcal
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds