Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Short Visit in July

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Short Visit in July

Postby jtatara » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

Hello,

I am planning a very short (2 day) visit in July, and want to make sure I plan things out so that I have time to see some sites. I know the traffic will be bad, but does anyone have an estimate of travel time needed between Wawona and Glacier Point around 11:00 AM?

Thanks,

JT
jtatara
First-timer
First-timer

Re: Short Visit in July

Postby dan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm

It's about 30 miles, 15 on Wawona Road and 15 on Glacier Point Road. Since the speed limit is 35, it means a full hour of travel time. With slow trailers and RVs that don't pull out, and traffic, I would add a half hour to be safe.

July isn't bad, except the July 4th and weekends. The roads can handle the traffic--although your destination may be crowded.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Short Visit in July

Postby Wickett » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

dan wrote:It's about 30 miles, 15 on Wawona Road and 15 on Glacier Point Road. Since the speed limit is 35, it means a full hour of travel time. With slow trailers and RVs that don't pull out, and traffic, I would add a half hour to be safe.

July isn't bad, except the July 4th and weekends. The roads can handle the traffic--although your destination may be crowded.

Evil RV's not pulling off, I can't wait for my train horn to arrive! :twisted:
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite