Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

how to get from oakland to yosimite by bus

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

how to get from oakland to yosimite by bus

Postby talisman » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 am

Can someone tell me how to get to the valley by bus?
talisman
First-timer
First-timer

Postby tm » Sun May 02, 2010 1:05 pm

It's chaeper to take the train bus combo. $68 round trip.

http://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

Train # 712 from Jack London Sq. Oakland to Merced, Bus 8416 from Merced to Yosemite (actually the Yarts bus) it wont leave until the train arrives so you don't have to worry abount missing it. I've done in two years in a row.
tm
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Postby QITNL » Mon May 03, 2010 8:09 pm

If you are close to BART, take it to Richmond, print your Amtrak/YARTS tickets at the machine, cross the tracks and catch Amtrak there. That might be easier than getting to Jack London Square.
QITNL
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite