Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

another release

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

another release

Postby Wickett » Fri May 14, 2010 10:37 am

I hate when the 15th is on the weekend, no sleeping in for me. Up and on the computers to reserve a spot. I hope I get the one I want this time... Good luck to all who are booking tomorrow!
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: another release

Postby hotrod4x5 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am

Wickett wrote:I hate when the 15th is on the weekend, no sleeping in for me. Up and on the computers to reserve a spot. I hope I get the one I want this time... Good luck to all who are booking tomorrow!

Is it for Sept or Oct?
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Fri May 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Both, Sept 15th - Oct 15th.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Sat May 15, 2010 7:20 am

So I sit there clicking book and it has the big A for available at like 7:10. Then I notice it says inventory not available instead of the not reservable yet... So I sat there trying to get something that was already gone and missed out on all of my backup sites that I had lined up to be sure I got what I wanted. Every time it's something with recreation.gov. The last time I couldn't book two sites at the same time because it suddenly wouldn't let you anymore.

They need to tell you what changes are taking place to the booking process so you don't sit there like a fool... I needed to rant. I only got part of the time I wanted and have to change campsites after the first night.

Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby hotrod4x5 » Sat May 15, 2010 7:42 am

They changed the checkout time to Noon? It's been a while since I camped in the Valley, that's a nice change.

What month do they start non site specific reservations?
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Wickett » Sat May 15, 2010 9:07 am

Its been 12 for a while now. I think December is the beginning of FCFS at upper pines for a site, it goes through March 15th.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds