Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Speaking of Bears I have a mascot question

Discussion about Yosemite black bears, protecting food, automobiles from bears, and preserving and managing Yosemite bears.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Speaking of Bears I have a mascot question

Postby Ed-Otero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:31 pm

I need a little help everybody.

My wife used to vist Yosemite back in the 80's with her folks. She had a stuffed bear that they got her there, which she says was the mascot for the park at the time.

The bear is long gone, and I want to replace it for her, but the problem is she does not remember his name.

All I have is the pin she has with the picture of the bear she got at the same time. If anybody knows his name, please let me know I would really appriciate it.

Here is a picture of the cute little guy

Ed-Otero

Postby hotrod4x5 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:53 am

I doubt it was a mascot, but I could be wrong.
hotrod4x5
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Speaking of Bears I have a mascot question

Postby dan » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 pm

It's a cute pin, but I frequented Yosemite in the 1980s (and still do), and I never remember seeing the mascot. It's a nice memory though, so good luck.

- Dan
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby jenny123 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:32 am

I wasn't in Yosemite back then, but it is quite a cute pin. I don't know if it was a mascot, but if it wasn't, it would surely be cute as one. It would also be a nice school mascot.
jenny123

Return to Yosemite Bears