Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Inexpensive Lodging

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Inexpensive Lodging

Postby Stevo » Sun May 13, 2007 4:04 pm

I'm contemplating a 1 week visit to the Yosemite area next fall. Where can I find some cheap (under $80 a night) lodging either inside or outside the park. I'd like some electricity and indoor plumbing.

Thanks everyone.
Stevo

Re: Inexpensive Lodging

Postby dan » Sun May 13, 2007 5:33 pm

Stevo wrote:I'm contemplating a 1 week visit to the Yosemite area next fall. Where can I find some cheap (under $80 a night) lodging either inside or outside the park. I'd like some electricity and indoor plumbing.

Yosemite Bug hostel has dorm rooms and private rooms, with and without baths. Located in Merced Canyon west of Yosemite Valley.

Camp Curry in Yosemite Valley, but no indoor plumbing.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby Stevo » Sun May 13, 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks Dan! What is available on the East Side?
Stevo

Postby dan » Mon May 14, 2007 8:10 am

Not much. There's tent cabins in Tuolumne Meadows, no plumbing. There's cabins 1 mile outside the park, but not cheap.

The cheapest lodging is in Lee Vining, down the hill next to Mono Lake.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

lodging

Postby Monkey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:35 am

Hard to find something for that cheap, but there is a B&B close to the park that is reasonable Tin Lizzie Inn.
Monkey

Join Orbitz and get rooms cheaper.

Postby Yosemite_Indian » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:13 am

Some of Paiutes coming in west into Yosemite stay in the town of Merced California, which is faster to get into Yosemite then going through Oakdale.

Join Orbitz and they have rooms under $80 dollars for two people. It is cheaper for one person. I come in from the eastern side, but other Paiutes come in from the western side.

If you join Orbitz, which I think is free, you can view the rooms and check if you like them or not. You can even check the lowest rates. Plus they have Continenal breakfast and free coffee if you get up early.
Chief Tenaya was the founder of the Paiute Colony of Ahwahnee
Yosemite_Indian
Very frequent poster
Very frequent poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite