Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Need details on travel from Fresno

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Need details on travel from Fresno

Postby GuitarManDave » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:53 am

I know you can take Amtrak from Fresno to Merced then the bus from Merced to Yosemite, but how do you get from the Fresno airport to the Amtrak station in Fresno?

Is there a better way to get to Merced from the Fresno airport I should be considering?

Thanks!
GuitarManDave

Postby Wickett » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am

Once again, what day are you flying in? I am going up on the 5th so if it works out I will pick you up.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby GuitarManDave » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

Wickett wrote:Once again, what day are you flying in? I am going up on the 5th so if it works out I will pick you up.

I think we're all set getting to Yosemite: we'll take the Amtrak from San Fran then Yarts to the park.

It's the return trip I need to figure out. We need to get to Fresno International for a 1:45 flight on Sept 9. It looks like we'll have to overnight in Fresno on the 8th since the earliest YARTS bus gets us to Merced at 12:35.
GuitarManDave

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Amtrak is downtown, airport is on the east side. Bus system is best left undescribed in a family friendly forum.

A taxi, a lift from a friend, or a ride from one of us Fresno unfortunates is a better bet. But I do believe I am backpacking on the 9th.

Or (and this might just do the trick) - check with the hotels near the airport and see if they have a shuttle that will take you from the train to their hotel. They might even drop you at the airport the next day. Or if you have wheeled luggage, cross the street.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite