Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

3-4 days wilderness permit on first come,first served basis?

Hiking, backpacking, running, biking, climbing, rafting, and other human-powered activities in Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

3-4 days wilderness permit on first come,first served basis?

Postby Svempa » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am

If you happen to be a bit late in your planning as I unfortunately am (going to yosemite next week and have not reserved permits yet...), is it possible to get a permit for a 3 or 4 day hike if the regular spots are allready full? Or should I just realize that I should plan to take some of the less popular trails instead? Or take shorter hikes and get new permits every other day...

Also, is there any good way except for the Tioga road bus to get from the valley to toulumne? I'm arriving at the valley by bus at noon next sunday, and the next bus only goes once a day at 8 am.

I would really appreciate some help here, thanks
Svempa
First-timer
First-timer

Permits

Postby cherokeedriver » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 pm

I just got back from a three day trip out of TM (short hike to Cathedral Lakes) . As I had no permits I was advised to arrive at the permit office when they opened at 8AM. I was told that they keep 40% of the permits for first-come, first served basis. Since I arrived mid-week this was no problem, as for the weekend, I would imagine a line might form earlier in the AM, but this is just my speculation.

Since I was driving my own car, I have no idea about them public transportation.

Good luck!

Joe
cherokeedriver

Return to Yosemite Hiking & Backpacking