Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Experience with Camp 4 walk-up?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Experience with Camp 4 walk-up?

Postby Camping Dolly » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 am

Hi!

I'm planning on getting to Yosemite / Camp 4 at 7:30AM on a Thursday. Do you think that's enough time to get a spot at camp 4?

Does anyone have experience being turned away due to lack of spots?

Any back up plan recommendations? I'll be waking up at 3:30AM for this venture, so I'd hate to be stuck with a bunch of gear and no plan haha!

I've heard of curry village.. how does it compare?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Dolly
Camping Dolly
First-timer
First-timer

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:05 am

Curry has tent cabins. About a hundred bucks a pop.

You will probably do fine getting a spot at Camp 4 - you will be sharing with other people if it's just you, so I hope you like climbers. :) They pack six people into a site and it doesn't matter if you don't know them.

If you do somehow get turned away, Bridalveil Creek Campground is also first come/first serve, tho a bit of a drive (it's on Glacier Pt Road). You can first check at the kiosk in the Curry parking lot to see if there are open sites in Upper/North/Lower Pines car campgrounds. Sometimes there are cancellations.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds