Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Trail Book Suggestions

Books about Yosemite National Park, California

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Trail Book Suggestions

Postby RAINMAN19 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 am

I am having difficulty finding a trail book of yosemite that provides a detailed description of trail distances and terrain. I don't expect to get the detail of the White Mountain AMC guide. Any thoughts?
RAINMAN19
Regular
Regular

Re: Trail Book Suggestions

Postby dan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 am

RAINMAN19 wrote:I am having difficulty finding a trail book of yosemite that provides a detailed description of trail distances and terrain. I don't expect to get the detail of the White Mountain AMC guide. Any thoughts?

Schaffer's book is getting long-in-the-tooth (10 years old), but it's probably the most comprehensive trail guide to Yosemite National Park. OTOH, I find the reading ponderous and heavy to carry, but maybe that's just me. It's also out-of-print, but copies (new and used) are still around.

Jeffrey P. Schaffer, Yosemite National Park: A Natural-History Guide to Yosemite and Its Trails (Wilderness Press, 2000)
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:55 am

Sierra North does a good job describing trails - there is a section on Yosemite. It also has hikes in the neighboring areas.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Books about Yosemite