Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Where to stay?

Travelling to and visiting Yosemite National Park. How to get there, what to see or do, and other Yosemite trip advice.

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Where to stay?

Postby shoes13 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:21 pm

My fiance and I are traveling from Las Vegas to Yosemite on our honeymoon in August. It will be the first time out there for both of us. We are thinking of staying at the Ahwahnee Hotel in one of the cottages. Any recommendations/"must-sees"/suggestions?

Thanks! :D
shoes13

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:04 pm

You'd better get a reservation, if it's not already too late... otherwise you'll be staying somewhere outside the park...

What to see? Everything! The valley on the free shuttles, go hiking anywhere, go by shuttle to Wawona and Mariposa Grove of Sequoias. You name it - if you haven't been there, do as much as you can.

If you aren't hikers Half Dome is probably not a good idea. Not that you could get a permit - they're all gone by now.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Postby shoes13 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Ok, thanks. We checked and can reserve a room in the hotel (no balcony) or a cottage. Have you stayed at either?
shoes13

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Nope! We usually backpack or camp.

I've heard that it isn't the best in the world... but it's probably the best in terms of hotel arrangements in the park. More rustic than one would expect for the cost, I've been told.

You'll have a great time, I'm sure, regardless. :)
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Visiting Yosemite