Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

Swap 6/13 - 6/19

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

Swap 6/13 - 6/19

Postby Alpine_Tim » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:46 am

I have an Upper Pines site 6/13 - 6/19 and would like to swap for either the previous week or the following week.
Alpine_Tim

Site

Postby dictatorannie » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am

Hi,
Which site do you have at upperpine? Btw, I'm going the same week but I couldn't book 2 sites next to each other. I only stay for 3 nights(13-15). So, if your site is next to mine, can you trade it with me?
dictatorannie

Swapping site 6/13-19

Postby Alpine_Tim » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi Dictatorannie,
I have site 120. Don't know if this is near your site?? If we can't trade our site for a later (or earlier) week, I'll let you know before we give it up. We could probably work out something.
Alpine_Tim
Alpine_Tim

Postby dictatorannie » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:42 am

oh ok, thanks a lot. Btw, my email is dictatorannie@yahoo.com. If you decide to give up your site, please contact me through my email and we'll work out some stuffs.
dictatorannie

Share?

Postby kiefffner20 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 pm

My wife and I will be in the park June 15-17. Unfortunately, we failed to obtain campground reservations in the Valley on the 16th and 17th. We intend to do some of the longer day hikes in the park (Half Dome, Valley Floor, Upper Yosemite Falls), which obviously doesn't cooperate with first come, first serve sites. We are hoping someone in the Valley is gracious enough to share their site with us. We only need space for one tent and we would be more than happy to reimburse nightly reservation fees. Please let us know if you have the capacity to share! Thank you!
kiefffner20

Re: Share?

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 am

kiefffner20 wrote:My wife and I will be in the park June 15-17. Unfortunately, we failed to obtain campground reservations in the Valley on the 16th and 17th. We intend to do some of the longer day hikes in the park (Half Dome, Valley Floor, Upper Yosemite Falls), which obviously doesn't cooperate with first come, first serve sites.

It isn't clear to me why you think first come/first serve won't work for you... you can get a campsite for more than one day even if you get it the day you arrive. I've done that many times and will do it again this year.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Re: Share?

Postby kiefffner20 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 am

AlmostThere wrote:
kiefffner20 wrote:My wife and I will be in the park June 15-17. Unfortunately, we failed to obtain campground reservations in the Valley on the 16th and 17th. We intend to do some of the longer day hikes in the park (Half Dome, Valley Floor, Upper Yosemite Falls), which obviously doesn't cooperate with first come, first serve sites.

It isn't clear to me why you think first come/first serve won't work for you... you can get a campsite for more than one day even if you get it the day you arrive. I've done that many times and will do it again this year.

What time would you recommend getting to Camp 4 for a legitimate shot at a site? My concern is waiting around until late morning which would delay us from getting on the trail.

Your insight is greatly appreciated as this will be our first time in the park. Thank you!
kiefffner20

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 am

If you are there Friday, Saturday or Sunday, probably need to show up real early. Earlier you are there, the better. You can also check the Pines for cancellations at the kiosk in the Curry parking area, or keep hitting recreation.gov to see if there's something open due to cancellations.

Another option might be Bridalveil campground (entirely first come first serve) if it's open. Tho it doesn't look like it will open before the end of June.
AlmostThere
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Upper Pines Side 6/2 - 5

Postby millerja » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 pm

I have an Upper Pines site from Thursday 6/2 through Sunday 6/5 that I would be willing to trade.

Let me know if you are interested. I think that it is site 155.
millerja

Re: Swap 6/13 - 6/19

Postby Slyfox » Wed May 25, 2011 4:07 pm

I have aug. 1,2,3. Would be interested in swapping for 3 of your days.
Slyfox

Re: Swap 6/13 - 6/19

Postby millerja » Wed May 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Sorry, I just cancelled them last weekend. Good luck.
millerja

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds