Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

strict at Hodgdon Meadows?

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

strict at Hodgdon Meadows?

Postby mazar » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:58 am

Hi all,

I was just getting a little worried about my summer camping trip and thought I should turn to this forum.
The max is 6 people per campsite at Hodgdon Meadows. I know I should stick to the rules with a max of 6 people, but I'm in a situation where there will likely be 7 or 8 people. Do you know if the rangers are extremely strict regarding the max people per campsite? We definitely won't be going over the 2 car campsite max.

Thanks!
mazar

Postby Wickett » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:45 am

It all depends. If you give them a reason to look, IE a tent city is set up, then they will. If you don't draw attention to yourself then you might be fine, you never know what someone will do...

I saw the group next to me get kicked out of their spot because they had too many people. We had 8 of us, 4 were toddlers, and did not get kicked out. The difference between us and them was that they had numerous noise complaints and they had several incidents of leaving food all over the place.
Wickett
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds