Home A - Z FAQ Bookstore Art Prints Online Library Discussion Forum Muir Weather Maps Lodging About Search
CalHotels.US--online reservations now CalHotels.US Lowest Hotel Rates Guaranteed. Click Here For Yours!
Hotel photos, maps, reviews, & discount rates.

U.S. Hotels in California (Yosemite, L. A., San Francisco ), AL, AK, AR, AS, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OK, NV, MH, MP, NM, NC, ND, OH, OR, PA, PR, PW, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, VI WA, WV, WI, WY

[Yosemite]

getting campground reservations

Discussion of camping and road-accessible campgrounds in and near Yosemite National Park

Moderators: Wickett, dan

getting campground reservations

Postby speyerer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Does anyone know the secret to getting campground reservations at Yosemite? I went on reservation.gov website on Jan 15 at 7AM and it said EVERY CAMP SITE WAS TAKEN! Any suggestions? Chuck I knew all that. I was just looking for someone who knew the secert to navagate thru the website. I tried to reserve a campsite on June 14 and all the sites were full in 10 minutes!
Last edited by speyerer on Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speyerer

Re: getting campground reservations

Postby dan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:23 pm

The secret is http://www.yosemitesites.com
This privately-run website is not associated with the National Park Service or even the reservation agent. It shows when and where campgrounds are available in Yosemite and a few other National Parks.

When you see a campground and date you like, go to www.recreation.gov and reserve the site. Don't wait too long if you want to go in Summer.

You can only reserve 5 months ahead.
dan
Veteran-poster
Veteran-poster

Return to Yosemite Campgrounds